Thursday, September 22, 2011

Patrick's Summer Adventures

Since it is technically not the end of summer until tomorrow, I figured I still had time to write about Patrick's summer. I really need to start doing a better job of keeping up with this blog, not just for those who enjoy the updates, but so I can look back and remember all of this stuff later on.

So, Summer 2011:

Germany - It was during the 3 weeks in Germany that Patrick's already astonishing vocabulary really started to expand even more. He also started saying and remembering people's names. We went on many adventures - forest walks, museums visits, trips to the zoo, visiting with family and friends, eating cake. If you don't consider eating cake an adventure, that is because you don't have an almost 2yr old. Trust me when I tell you, it is an adventure :)
Patrick danced with Omi, bonded with Andreas, fell in love with Eva, and stole the hearts of everyone he met. The plane ride home was a bit of an adventure as well, but not in a good way at first. He cried almost the entire 8hr flight. Yup, the people on the plane loved us. But I figure, as many airplane rides as he has been on, we were probably due for 1 rough trip. The short leg of the trip he made friends with the nice lady sitting next to us. When I say made friends I mean, she said "Hello, what's your name?" And he introduced himself and Louie and jumped into her lap...and stayed there the entire flight. At least he didn't cry.



Beach Fun - Towards the tail end of the summer we spent two weekends at the beach. Patrick LOVES the ocean, even more than he did last year. He also enjoyed the sand more this year. Last year he wanted nothing to do with it. This was the first year that I actually saw the dolphins. Patrick saw them too and was very excited about them! He still talks about them and the sea olives. It was during the beach weekend that Patrick fell in love with drawing. He "borrowed" a drawing pad from his cousins and filled it with colorful scribbles that he gleefully announced here trucks. Trucks, autos, dump-trucks, firetrucks, bicycles... I now have notes books filled with his wonderful happy drawings, as well as the things he politely requests (i.e. demands) I (or whoever has been told to sit and be drawing) draw for him.



Definitely a summer full of wonderful fun and new experiences! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment