Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to My Plumpkin

Today is Patrick's birthday.(If you didn't guess that by the title of this post, as well as the numerous FB and Twitter updates I made today) I just can't believe that he is 2 years old. It doesn't seem all that long ago that he was this itty bitty wriggly thing. Ok, he was never very itty bitty, but to me, he was tiny. So much has happened since he was born, not all of it good, but I have managed to keep his world happy and safe, and isn't that the entire point?

While he has said loving things to me before, and repeats after me when I tell him I love him, and tells me he loves his trains and "autos"... Today, for the very first time, he hugged me tight and said "Love you." What a wonderful, amazing, fabulous feeling. I know he loves me, but to hear him say it all meaningfully and sweet, that is a pretty special thing.

He had a lot of fun today. While his Mimi was still home, we all went to a park where he got to run up and down hills, play in the dirt, just "be free" (That is what he says when he doesn't want to hold my hand) And he got to eat cookies for breakfast.
After his nap we went outside to draw on the sidewalk. I think he could sit out there all day drawing and never get bored. We also drew a lot inside. He doesn't have a set of train tracks yet, so we draw them.



We played chase through the house, played with autos, watched "Chitty Bang Bang Bang", ate yummy food, and just had a wonderful day together. Patrick also received 2 birthday cards in the mail (How cool is that!) One from his Aunt Jenny & Uncle Tim, and one from his Papa & Gigi and Uncle Josh. He wanted to snuggle both of the cards when he went to bed. That's his new thing for all of his toys - they have to come to bed to "snuggle"

It was a pretty awesome day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment