Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby

This Thursday I will be 37 weeks and officially full term. This means Patrick could come at any time. There has been a prediction that I won't make it past 38 weeks...I hope this is wrong...but if it isn't, I better be ready!
There is alot to do yet, and I am going to have to rely on mom and Drew to help me get it done because I have been doing WAY too much.

My last appointment went well, I'm ok and the baby is perfect, but I was seriously swollen and had gained 7lbs very very quickly...not good signs. My blood pressure was also slightly elevated.
So I was put on a diet, told to have my feet up always, told to take it much easier than I have been, and told to take dandelion, yellow dock, and nettle to help get things flowing and make sure my liver is working properly.
Now, in under a week I have lost 5lbs and the swelling is MUCH better! Very good things! Tomorrow is my next appointment and I have a feeling they will be very pleased with the change. =)

Thanks to the heaven of pillows Drew made for me I have finally been sleeping better, I have been resting a whole lot more, and I have quit my job. My last day will be Thursday, and it is also the only day I am going in this week. I have some loose ends to tie up, other wise I would not go in at all.
I also have only one class meeting left...

and then nothing. Nothing but getting ready, and waiting...
and resting a ton of course.

now to make a list of all that still needs doing, and not get overwhelmed by it...

No comments:

Post a Comment