Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Birthing Class - The split

I guess there are so many women due around the same time - we ended up with way too many couples in a small space...so we had to split the class.

Drew and I volunteered to go on the new day...the only little sadness is that one of the couples we really liked will still be going on Tuesdays. *sigh*
There will be a little reunion after we've all had our babies though...so that'll be cool =D
Also, the new night will be a whole lot easier on me, I won't have such a LONG day on Tuesdays. Drew will still be dragging a bit, but I think he'll be feeling better, even on that long day, once he gets used to the work schedule a bit more.

Class last night was alot of fun. We got a demonstration of how the uterus helps "push" the baby out. The instructor used a balloon and a tiny toy lemon. "This will take some time, it is this balloon's first baby" LOL*

Next week we will be getting an education in hospital procedures, in case any of us has to go to the hospital. I really like that we will be prepared for such a thing...but I am praying that we won't need to use that knowledge...

We have a ton of information about laboring positions and a hypnobirthing CD and everything to practice with....


No comments:

Post a Comment