Friday, September 11, 2009

A Tale of Two Showers: Part 1

Last weekend I had my very first ever baby shower. It was put together by two of my very wonderful friends, with a bit of help from my mom and myself. It was such a blast!

The adorable Cottage at Lake Lily was redone and painted blue inside - just perfect for a baby boy shower don't you think?
The couple of day leading up to the shower, mom, Drew and I were running around like crazy getting our parts finished up, purchased, and/or made...the day of the shower we all came together and decorate like crazy - Wow that place looked awesome! I need to get the pictures off the camera (and from a few people) and I'll post some here. 

There were quite a few people who said they were coming and did not show up for various reasons, but there was really a perfect number of people there. Perfect for it to be fun, but still cozy. 
We got some really awesome and special gifts, had delicious food and cake, and I have to say I am quite proud of how the guest book (belly cast) turned out - and once people got over their initial shyness, no one seemed to have a problem signing my boobies =P

It was just really wonderful, and I love that I have such fantastic friends! I feel very loved.
Drew and I had a great time together plopped in the nursery going through the gifts and cards. 
My favorite part though, was reading the cards, advice, and signings from the belly cast. =)

The Family shower is in just a couple of weeks and Drew and I are both very excited about that one too! I think he will have fun getting a bit of the attention =) Daddies-to-be are important too after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment