Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cloth Diapering

I know that just about everyone thinks I am insane for wanting to do cloth diapers. Thankfully, Drew doesn't think it is insane...that would be kinda hard.

I went to a cloth diapering class last night with Drew and mom. While I knew quite a bit, since I have done a TON of research, they did not know as much and really got to learn alot. I learned a few cool things too. It was a good class.

One thing I learned - those poop blowouts that people love to tell stories about to terrify soon-to-be parents with - do not happen with cloth diapers. This is coming from a woman who has 5...count them 1 2 3 4 5 children. (I'd like to add that she wants at least 8...holy wow!)

I am afraid of poop. Seriously...the thought of cleaning stinky gross poop, and even worse, getting it on me, and even WORSE having to clean it off of EVERYTHING haunts me...
But to have learned that using cloth diapers = no poop blowouts...OMG! SOLD!!!
Not that I wasn't already. =)

I have had a few people tell me I can't do it. I'm not sure these people know me too well, because generally when I am told I can't do something, I am even more determined to do it. I'm a brat like that. Or really just determined, whichever word you like better =P

So yes, we will be using cloth diapers. And yes, we might be a bit insane, but not for that reason ;)

1 comment:

  1. I learned that my mom cloth diapered both my sisters and my brother. :)

    ReplyDelete