Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Papa & GiGi

So we have Grandma and Grandpa D, Omi, my mom who still is nameless (though she said she likes "Grams") and my dad and TerriAnn who have been transformed into "Papa & GiGi". I think it's kinda cute.

The trip to Kentucky was really great. Mom and I enjoyed the drive. Patrick was so wonderful on the trip, even when he was really over it all, he was just so happy to be snuggled and slept most of the way. He got a little fussy towards the end, but that's all. My dad is totally smitten with the baby. It was the greatest thing to see! EJ also really loved the baby, as did TerriAnn of course. Josh was ambivalent, but he's nearing 15, he doesn't need to like babies right now.

Patrick's Papa and GiGi spoiled him like crazy! He got a couple of books, cute socks, two new small toys, and an activity gym and swing. Goodness! But they didn't leave me out at all. I got an awesome hat! I'm totally geeked out about this hat. =P

It makes me so happy in my heart that Patrick has this big huge family full of love for him! We always want our children to have things better than we did, and while I truly enjoyed my childhood oh so very much, I always wondered what it would be like to grow up surrounded by a big, loving family. Family that wants to know me and be in my life. Patrick gets to have that. It is wonderful! And what's really weird...I'm not the least bit jealous.

I am, however, a teeny bit jealous that Dad bought both Josh and EJ an Xbox360, but not me...but that's a different thing entirely. =P



No comments:

Post a Comment