Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Patrick is 1 Year Old Today!!!



Today we went to the Build-A-Bear Workshop and Patrick chose an owl to stuff and take home. The owl's name is "Owl". He has a little blue scarf that is apparently also named "Owl". What are the odds?

I cannot believe how fast it all went by. One day I am in labor, walking around a lake with Drew helping me, feeling a bit afraid and telling him that if this gets any worse I just don't know if I can do it...and then I am holding this wiggly little thing in my arms, and I don't even care that he's kinda gross and slimy, I think he's amazing.
And then he's rolling, crawling, talking, almost walking...eating real food...
saying his first words...

So much has happened in a year. So much has changed. And now my teeny little baby is growing into a funny little toddler complete with a mind of his own...it is crazy!

I love this. I love all of it. While it does make me sad that as he grows, he leaves another little phase of babyhood behind, watching him grow and change is just incredible.

I love motherhood. The tears, the sweat, the messes, the long nights, the temper tantrums, the laughter, the cuteness, the sweet moments...all of it (ok, I could do without the poo)
It is just an amazing experience. And I can't believe it has been a year already...but there is no time to be sad about how fast it went, there are many years, milestones, and moments coming...how exciting!

Happy Birthday Patrick Josef Dambrell! You are my Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment