Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Faeries Switched My Baby!

For days now I have been wracking my brain, trying to figure out why my little guy is so ornery lately. He's always been a willful little thing, but usually so very happy and easy to please. Yesterday was difficult. Today was worse. Along with beating me up, thrashing during diaper changes, and a few short tantrums, he had a complete meltdown. It totally broke my heart.

Finally, it dawned on me. I have made one major change in his little life.
He is no longer nursing. The first couple of days he asked for it often, and I would distract him and feed him, and he would be fine. Now he'll ask once or twice, and then go off to do something else.
Today though...today I seriously considered just giving in. I knew it would make him feel better...but then we would be starting all over from beginning, and those first couple of days were very hard, for both of us.

He finally calmed down though, for the most part, and we went on about our day - filled with baby chasing and quite a few giggles...and only a few more difficult moments.

I love giggles.
I love giggles so much more than meltdowns.
I know that babies/children just have meltdowns sometimes, but it makes me feel as if I am doing things wrong.

Also, I think I am permanently injured on the left side of my face. My mom says she is going to get me a helmet to protect me from the baby. She's pretty funny that mom of mine.

I can only hope that things will settle more back to normal over the next few days...and that this is not some new phase, like the "Terrible Twos"...

No comments:

Post a Comment