Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Checkup

Had my second ever prenatal appointment today. It went well. I found out I am A- which means I am RH- so we will be finding out what Drew's bloodtype is. It would be great if he is negative too, because then there are no issues. Though, when I told my mom this she said "No, you are A+" So I went and got my blood re-drawn and should have the results back on that by the end of this week. 
Everything else was normal which is great! 
Drew got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. He was very excited! =) We will get to hear it every appointment now.
The midwife also said that my uterus is expanding just as it should be.

We  got a tour of the birthing area of the birth center. The lady who gave us the tour was super nice and full of awesome information. She did two water births so she had alot to say about that. One of the rooms is called the VanGough room and I heart it very much!

Everyone we have met so far at the birth center is so very wonderfully nice! Really, the only turn off for me is the other clientele. Ghetto meets Country. I may sound a bit snobby...but trust me, if you saw these people you would totally understand.

I am still going to tour the hospital and the other birth center, just so I know the choice I make really is the best. But, I really love the place I am at now. It's just a shame that in a couple of months we will no longer be right down the road from them. 

And may I just add - Medicaid rocks my world!


No comments:

Post a Comment